Another year has gone so new labs and MRIs are done to assess what is going on with my Multiple Sclerosis. From an MS perspective my labs are good so I am tolerating my MS medication well, My MRI scans are showing stable no new lesions on my brain. The brain marble didn't grow as much this year but they say the exterior is getting warbly and still recommend brain surgery in the next year or two so yay.
The last year of run and triathlon training has kept most of my symptoms in check. That said I am still learning my limits. A week of conferencing even getting to bed early, eating right, etc still knocks me back and forces a couple days of rest and lighter schedules a week or two afterwards.
If you are new to my blog and don't know much about MS here is a 10 things to know about people like me list. https://multiplesclerosis.net/living-with-ms/world-ms-day-10-things
My two biggest issues most days are fatigue and neuropathy/dysesthesia. I am very effected by stress which causes my left leg and arm to burn and tingle. I manage that as best I can with a topical cream but it only goes so far. The more stressed I am (or the less down time I allow myself) the more it spreads on my left side and to my right hand and foot and eventually my lips (weird right) and then my mobility is impacted so it becomes a clear indicator to rest more. I still get hit by fatigue that forces my gears into slowmo and also an indicator to rest more. Otherwise as long as I pace myself my MS seems to be mostly managed and hopefully will stay that way. My MS docs thankfully agree. They are a great team who also actively participate in MS research so when I meet with them like I did today they often share some of the things being studied and success in treating different MS issues. Hopeful for a cure or at a minimum more treatments to reverse some of the MS damage for me and my MS friends.
MS Awareness month is in March but I was slow getting an update out with everything else that is going on. https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/ms-awareness-month/
Every year I do a fundraiser with my MS DIY active team (Run a Myelin My Shoes - RAAMS) to raise funds for the MS Society to help with research and support for people like me and my teammates with MS. If you are willing and able to donate even a small amount my team and I would greatly appreciate it. You can donate by going here: https://events.nationalmssociety.org/participants/857805/donate
Here is another great MS Blog https://www.activemsers.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment